5 Star Business Certification in Garfield
The State of Colorado’s “5 Star” Certified Business Variance Program may allow businesses to expand customer capacity to the next less restrictive dial level by implementing safety measures beyond those required by public health orders and guidelines, to help slow the spread of COVID-19. This program is designed for responsible businesses that are following public health guidance and going above and beyond to prioritize the health and safety of their staff and customers. For example, when a county’s case (incidence), testing (percent positivity) and hospital metrics are in the red dial zone, a business may operate at the capacity limits allowed under the orange dial zone.
The State of Colorado moved Garfield County into level orange on Monday January 4, in recognition of downward trends in statewide case numbers and of the economic strain associated with level red restrictions. However, Garfield County is still not meeting level orange metrics, so 5 Star businesses are not able to move to yellow capacities, but must continue to operate at level orange capacities. In order to move from one level to the next less restrictive level, county metrics must meet or exceed that next level for at least seven days.
Complete an application
Download and complete an application (PDF)
1. Submit the application by:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org *add 5 Star Application to the subject line or fax to: 970-625-4804 or drop off at local chambers of commerce or municipal city halls for questions call: 970-625-5200, ext. 8120
2. Applicants will be contacted to schedule an inspection prior to certification.
3. The application form will be used in the certification and become the final permit once a business has been approved.
4. Once approved, businesses must post the 5 Star Permit in a highly visible location near the entrance of the establishment.
5. Businesses may begin operating under the 5 Star parameters as soon as they pass inspection and receive the approved permit.