Lift Up Serving over 3500 a month
Lift up the Roaring Fork Valley's food pantry is changing with the demand. In a typical week before the Coronavirus pandemic, lIft up was providing meals and services to roughly 600 d families a month. That number has exploded
to over 900 a week.
Here is what they are doing now:
Thrift Stores & Extended Table:
LIFT-UP Thrift Stores will remain closed through the end of March so staff can assist with food distribution. Extended Table (soup kitchens) are functioning as a grab-n-go bagged meal from 5 – 6 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday in Rifle at the Rifle United Methodist Presbyterian Church located in the Lovell Building at 200 E. 4th St. In Glenwood Springs, please stop by the First United Methodist Church at 824 Cooper Avenue church for posted updates on the Monday through Friday meal distribution.
LIFT-UP Food Pantries have been converted to a drive-through format in key locations throughout the valley. Those in need are encouraged to stop by where they will be provided with a pre-packed emergency food bag based on the following schedule:
- Parachute Thurs., 2 p.m. LIFT-UP Food Pantry – 201 E. First St.
- Rifle Wed. & Fri., 2 p.m. NEW LOCATION – Rifle Fairgrounds
- New Castle Wed. & Fri., 2 p.m. Elk Creek Elementary School Parking Lot
804 W. Main St.
- Glenwood Mon. & Thurs., 2 p.m. Glenwood Springs High School, South Parking Lot
- Carbondale Mon. & Thurs., 2 p.m. Third Street Center Parking Lot
- Aspen/Pitkin County : On Wednesday March 25 & April 1st, beginning at noon, Food Bank of the Rockies in partnership with Aspen Family Connection will handle distribution of food for Aspen/Pitkin County from Aspen Schools (enter by Aspen High School). LIFT-UP will assist with providing fresh produce and dairy as available. For more information on this distribution site, please visit www.PitkinCounty.com.
- Mid-valley LIFT-UP and their key partners are working on a mid-valley distribution location.
Please continue to check the liftup.org website for updates. Please do not call the office for information.
Please visit the liftup.org website or Facebook page for ongoing updates on food distribution dates, times and locations.
LIFT-UP is in need of NEW reusable grocery bags and non-perishable food items.
Please drop items to these locations:
- Rifle Fairgrounds – Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Or at any of the above locations during distribution.
Volunteers needed - For people seeking opportunities to help others in their community, Garfield County has set up a clearinghouse to connect volunteers to those in need at 970-945-1377, extension 2020. Spanish speakers may also call this hotline, but a response may be delayed.
Garfield County has approved a $100,000 grant to LIFT-UP to help with emergency food assistance in the wake of economic hardships caused by the COVID-19 virus in Colorado. LIFT-UP provides free food for people in need, without need for documentation or proof of income. Please be considerate of your neighbors in need and only access if needed.
Please visit the website www.liftup.org or the LIFT-UP Facebook page for ongoing updates. Financial donations are needed and can be made on the website as well.